VPEC: Virtual Program Evaluation Consultant
The Virtual Program Evaluation Consultant (VPEC) is a simple, easy-to-use online survey creation, data collection and analysis tool that will help in evaluating small and large-scale HIV/AIDS prevention programs. No major evaluation or computer expertise is required for using it.
What does VPEC do:
- Creates customized online as well as printable evaluation surveys in just minutes
- Self-administers the online surveys to your participants through an easy-to-use interface with audio features
- Provides secure and confidential storage of the data
- Provides a range of options for data analysis including complete data analysis and report writing by Sociometrics’ staff
Special features of VPEC:
- A wide selection of valid and reliable measures for determining program outcomes including ready-to-use surveys. Measures include questions and scales on knowledge, belief’s and attitudes about HIV/AIDS, HIV testing, sex risk behaviors, drug risk behaviors, medical history, physical and mental health.
- Choice of online or paper-and-pencil surveys
- An audio feature that allows all survey questions to be read aloud. Beneficial for program participants with low literacy levels or other reading disabilities.
- Online surveys can be administered in Spanish. Ideal for Hispanic audiences.
- Absolute confidentiality of survey responses. Respondents remain anonymous.
- Easy and complete access to the data collected
- Technical consultation by Sociometrics’ staff (for data analysis and report writing) for a small, additional fee
- Short online courses on program evaluation and survey creation
VPEC can be used by practitioners, health professionals, social workers, researchers in community-based organizations, clinics, and other agencies that work in the area of HIV/AIDS prevention.
The product is available exclusively by subscription.